Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mockingbird

It was warm this afternoon.
When we came home from walking I sat out on the deck.
I sat in the sun with my book.
I had put some raisins out for Robin and much to my delight Mockingbird came.

I have missed Mockingbird.
He found the raisins.
I will set out two bowls from now on.
I have seen him in the cemetary when we walk.

It seems a long time ago when Mockingbird called my backyard his home. It seems a long time ago when we were friends.
I am so pleased he came and was not afraid.


I do hope he is a regular visitor.
I do hope we can be friends again.


I am a lounge chair scientist.
I love the microbes.

Most days are ponytail days.
I like the ease of a ponytail.


It is too early to do much in the gardens.
So while I relax in the late Winter sun
I am telling myself stories.
I imagine my Tall-grass Prairie as the
land of myth.


I have begun to study Wales.
I have begun my armchair travels.


I do believe
I could have been,
( in some distant past life)
a Little Welsh Cowgirl.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sherry,

    Mockingbird is beautiful, I am sure you will be friends again. Now he has found you, I am sure you will have charmed him.

    I am sure you will enjoy your travels. Wales is beautiful.....very very green and lush. A little welsh cowgirl, you are just so charming. Have fun.

    You are a ponytail sort of girl. The style suits you......I liked your ponytail very much.

    ReplyDelete