Thursday, March 15, 2012

Flower Fairies



The gardens are full of daffodils.



The yellows are my favorites this year.



I love sitting with them.
I love watching them dance in the breeze.


I put fresh suet cakes out.
The pair of Yellow Shafted Flickers
like suet.


Mocking bird has a mate.
We saw the two of them getting raisins.



The Dark- eyed Juncos are still here.
I expect them to go north any day.


I read there is to be a kite festival
at the Spiro Mounds this Saturday.



We have decided to begin our retreat early
and drive to the mounds.
We are clicking a couple of days
onto our Spring retreat.



We can walk the prairies in southern Missouri.
We can see wildflowers in Arkansas.
We can see spring in Oklahoma.
Maybe a bee or a butterfly will grace
our adventure.


We will fly kites, laugh and play.
We will honor those who came before us.



I am very excited.

 
I think this will be my favorite retreat ever!
Maybe we will see a bird or two.
I am taking the cameras and a picnic basket.
I love serendipity.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sherry,
    Your daffodils are so pretty.....and your garden full of birds. Spring is such a special time of year....everything wakes up :)

    Enjoy your retreat, I just know you are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, here it is Sunday, March 18, and I just found out you are away on a Spring retreat. It sounds oh so delicious---I hope you find only blue skies and sweet birds and Spring flowers and mysteries to delight your senses. Happy St. Patrick's Day, a tad late.
    Blessed Be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have a great time. Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete