Thursday, November 17, 2011

Artist Date

It was cold and sunny this morning when I dressed
 for our Artist Date.
Perfect weather to wear my Cowgirl hat.
We had breakfast at the creperie, Chez Elle.
My new favorite breakfast spot!
They have gluten free, delicious, crepes!

We decided to visit the Nelson Atkins Museum again.

This time we spent a couple of hours in the
 American Indian exhibit.








This stone ax was found right here in the Kansas City area.
A beautiful tool dated 2000-1000 BCE.
Our ancesters were artists.
Their tools were exquisite.
The leaves of the Ginkgo Trees have fallen.

A gorgeous carpet covered the lawn.



The shuttlecocks
remind me art can be fun!
I had a wonderful date.

1 comment:

  1. I don't often think of American Indians as scupltors. That head effigy jar is spectacular. As are the masks etc. What a fun day.

    ReplyDelete