Thursday, January 6, 2011

Epiphany Cowgirl Style

A westerly breeze brought warm air. The sky was once again a gorgeous ,clear blue when we walked in the afternoon sunlight.
An amazing day.
It is easy for my Cowgirl to be mindful.
It comes naturally.

My Mother-in-law brought over her late husband's Stetson.

My husband will take take of his old hat.

I have been stooped in my tracks by this book.
I am taking notes.
Johnson makes reference to many books I want to read.
I have requested Leaning into the Wind: Women Write from the Heart of the West from my library.
 Johnson states that this book " makes clear that Western women's independent spirit has always derived from their connections to nature and its animals-to wind and the weather it fetches, sun and moon, pines, birds, horses, piglets, wild and domestic blurred together like birth and death. There are now  more cowgirls of one type or another, with or without cattle than ever before...."


Life changes.
A year ago we had snow on the ground
and more fell through out the day.

One year ago I was sad.
The way the American Indians were treated by
the white man has always made me so very mad and sad.
This year I decided to find the fun in life
and so I embraced the Spirit of the Cowgirl.
I am empowered by her spunk.
In a bold move I asked my husband if we could have a day of
reconciliation.
I wanted a day to wipe the slate clean.
I wanted a day not only to ask for forgiveness
but to offer forgiveness.
I needed a day to put the past as my history, never to forget the lessons, to move forward.
I needed a day to begin living in the now.
We choose today.
We choose the Epiphany as our day of new beginnings.


A Cowgirl Moon showed herself at dusk.
I live in real time.
I am living mindfully.

1 comment:

  1. That description of a Cowgirl surely describes me. I would like to read that book too. It sounds like a good one. I wish you peace and harmony on your journey.

    ReplyDelete