Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pipevine Swallowtail Caterpillars




When I went to take my photographs of the 
Pipevine Swallowtail eggs
I saw a Pipevine caterpillar.



I looked about and saw three nice sized cats.


Than I saw a small caterpillar.


I saw more eggs too.


This is the first time I have seen 
Pipevine Swallowtail 
caterpillars.

While I was watching the caterpillars
Pipevine Swallowtail came back
to lay more eggs.

The Dutchman's Pipevine
is blooming again.
I am so excited!
Gemini's archetype for me is the messenger.
My message is, "patience pays off".
 I have waited many years for Pipevine caterpillars!

3 comments:

  1. What fabulous photos. Finding the eggs too. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how amazing that you found this treasure and that the butterfly came back while you were there. So wonderful to see.

    thank you also for your love message on my art blog, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sherry, who loves and dances with the butterflies.......

    How wonderful, I can understand your joy. There is nothing better than finding the caterpillars of a much loved species. Long may they visit your gardens, and give you ongoing pleasure my friend. I wished more gardened like you. Can you imagine the difference it would make :)

    Tku for sharing.......

    ReplyDelete