Thursday, February 3, 2011

Luna New Year

Today we celebrate Luna New Year.
The festival to welcome Spring.
We are far from Spring at my house.

We are digging out from the blizzard.


My husband has been shoveling for two days.


The sky was so blue, the sun so very warm and the beeze so very light I was able sit outside with my bird friends.


I am almost well,
almost.


We are celebrating
Chinese New Year, the Year of the Rabbit.


I am already head over heels
for next year, 2012,
the Year of the Dragon returns.
I was born in the year of the Rain Dragon.


I love the Dragons.


Chinese New Year is fun.


We will have a festive supper.


We have a new Dragon in the stairwell.
He will stay up all year.



In the Spirit of the Cowgirl
I will wait patiently for Spring.
I will wait for Summer's Dragon clouds.
I am patient.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sherry, I love the photograph of your husband with the snow......it conjours up such a scene in my mind.

    I was born in the year of the rabbit....as is my mother......as is my daughter. I am surrounded by rabbits.....Ha!
    We are different elements though....I believe I am a metal rabbit.

    I love dragons also.......such magical, mystical creatures.

    So very pleased to hear that you are almost, almost well....

    Have a lovely weekend.......beautiful images of your birds.

    ReplyDelete