Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everyday Cowgirls

This collection of poems and stories is on my nightstand.
 It is my next read.
I am looking forward to reading this book. Many women contributed their work. I know I will be inspired.



Lisa sent her Everyday Cowgirl, "Bill", photograph from when she was little. It seems to me she always knew just who she was. When I look at this picture I am reminded to be just who I am. I am inspired to be authentic. Lisa and I met through our blogs. She is a gardener and a lover of birds and an amazing artist. Her watercolors are gorgeous. I am not a painter nor can I draw but I admire Lisa's talent.  I like how we support each other in the spirit of cooperation.

Carol was a young woman on the Kansas prairie
when this photograph was taken. Carol and I have been friends for over 40 years. When I first saw this photograph of Carol and her pony I gasped. The contrast between the pretty young girl and her darling pony and the desolate countryside was so apparent.
Carol remembered the day this photograph was taken.
She remembered "putting on her best".
Now when I look at this photograph I am reminded
 to "put on my best".
Even if I am only sitting at my desk writing.

If you want to be part of the
Everyday Cowgirl Inspirational Card Series
just send me a photograph of yourself
and let me know how your photograph inspires you.



3 comments:

  1. My cousin had a painted pony when we were young. This photo of your friend and her pony really brought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear LIsa,
    One of the joys of Everyday Cowgirls is the way we can inspire each other. It is in the everyday moments I think we find grace.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry I adore that photo of Lisa! I have posted a "cowgirl wannabe" on my recent post!
    I think that I would like reading this book.
    love and light Anna

    ReplyDelete